“The latest discoveries in neuroscience show that there’s much more to sleep than just recovery. For example, scientists have long known that sleeping was critically important to the development of brain functions, such as learning new information and storing long-term memories.”
- Lack of sleep can lead to misdiagnoses of ADHD.
- Sleep debt puts kids at higher risk for obesity and diabetes.
- Sleep debt can make kids more likely to get sick.
Amount of sleep needed:
- Preschoolers= 10 to 13 hours per day
- Ages 6 and 13=nine to 11 hours per day
- Teens= eight to 10 hours
-The Huffington Post,Vinnie Neuberg